2021 Host Family Application and Materials
Find this page at:
- Complete the application to be a host family for the North Carolina Exchange Program:
- Click on the link (Apply Now Button) below.
- Use the dropdown menu and find North Carolina in the list.
- Once you have North Carolina selected, click “Check My State“
- Click the GREEN button “HOST – SUMMER” to begin.
- You will be prompted to create an account with a valid email address and password. (NOTE: If you have sign-in information from a previous application, you will be able to log in with those credentials).
- Go to NC 4-H Online to set up a profile for your family. Some families may already have a profile with their 4-H office, but if you are new to 4-H, you will need to complete this step to enroll:
- Instructions can be found on the website to set up a family profile.
- Once you have created your profile in 4-H Online, the information will be easy to gather for background checks and other pertinent information in the State 4-H office.
- Once you have completed your application, please contact your local
4-H office to set up a meeting with the local 4-H agent or program assistant. You can find the information for your local office here: N.C. Cooperative Extension County Centers
- Host Families will need to:
- Complete the States’ 4-H application and the NC 4-H Online registration process.
- Meet with the local 4-H agent or program assistant to discuss how, if selected, you can get the delegate involved with their summer programming.
- Pass a background check.
- Pass an in-home visit.
- Attend Host Family Orientation (either in-person or online).
- Attend Host Sibling Orientation (either in-person or online).
- Seek out additional resources to assist the host sibling in learning about the country their potential delegate is coming from and more about the visiting delegate’s language for communication.
- Maintain communication with the State Coordinator and chaperones during the exchange.