Objectives of North Carolina 4-H Camps
Through participation in the 4-H Camping Program youth:
- Learn that learning can be fun.
- Improve communication skills.
- Acknowledge their abilities and limitations and develop skills and options for growth.
- Learn about various sciences and develop scientific skills.
- Gain an understanding and appreciation of different cultures and the value of diversity in a global society.
- Learn about the natural environment and improve stewardship skills.
- Improve their physical skills and fitness.
- Learn a process for solving problems and working cooperatively in groups.
- Learn skills to set goals and make decisions individually.
- Learn to identify and manage resources.
- Experience a variety of life-ling recreational activities.
- Learn and practice ethical behavior.
- Explore spiritual values.
Was the information on this page helpful?