Environmental Science Virtual Summer Programming
Each theme will take youth on an out-of-doors adventure where they will learn all about their environment. Youth will have the opportunity to read, watch videos, collect data, go on scavenger hunts, and get crafty with nature. Young eco-explorers will also participate in citizen science projects and learn how to positively impact their environment.
- Birds (Release date- June 15, 2020.)
- Forests (Release date- June 17, 2020.)
- Mammals (Release date- June 22, 2020.)
- Water (Release date- June 24, 2020.)
- Reptiles & Amphibians (Release date- June 29, 2020.)
- Earth & Soils (Release date- July 1, 2020.)
- Bugs (Release date- July 6, 2020.)
- Weather & Climate. (Release date- July 8, 2020.)
Ages: 8-13 with suggestions for activities for younger and older youth.
Registration Cost: Free
Materials: A materials list will be provided for items that may be needed for some activities. Most are items you will have at home. More information will be available soon.
Delivery method: Virtual. THIS PROGRAM IS OFFERED IN A SELF-PACED, ASYNCHRONOUS FORMAT. As a family, you can decide how much or how little time you would like to invest in the activities and work the programs into your existing summer schedule as needed.
Open to all youth. 4-H membership is NOT required.
Space is limited for some thematic areas. REGISTRATION CLOSES ON AUGUST 14 at 5 p.m., ACCESS TO VIRTUAL CONTENT IS AVAILABLE UNTIL AUGUST 31. Get your ticket.
Sessions are closed for 2020. Stay tuned for fall programming opportunities.