Plant Science Virtual Summer Programming
Plant Geeks Unite!
Get out and get growing! Sleuth out super soils, notice the power of plants, be dazzled by bugs, and get creative with plants!
- Explore super soils by making mud pies and soil ribbons, setting up experiments, creating pitfall traps, and more.
- Discover the power of plants through seed germination, growing a kitchen scrap garden, singing about plant parts, and propagating plants.
- Delight in the wonder of butterflies fluttering and flittering, bees buzzing busily, and all sorts of other incredible invertebrates in the garden.
- Draw inspiration from the garden and put your creativity to work through numerous plant art projects.
- Earn badges and prizes and participate in live demonstrations and conversations.
Registration Cost: Free
Kit materials: A package delivered to your home with materials needed to complete the activities is also available. Optional purchase, in limited supply for current NC 4-H families, ~$30 cost. A materials list will also be provided to purchase items locally.
Delivery method: Virtual. THIS PROGRAM IS OFFERED IN A SELF-PACED, ASYNCHRONOUS FORMAT. As a family, you can decide how much or how little time you would like to invest in the activities and work the programs into your existing summer schedule as needed.
Open to all youth. 4-H membership is NOT required.
Space is limited for some thematic areas. REGISTRATION CLOSES ON AUGUST 14 at 5 p.m., ACCESS TO VIRTUAL CONTENT IS AVAILABLE UNTIL AUGUST 31. Get your ticket.
Sessions are closed for 2020. Stay tuned for fall programming opportunities.
Contact Morgan King for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org