Sarah H. Kotzian, Ph.D.
Extension Associate, Youth and Adult Citizenship and Engagement Specialist
Areas of Responsibility
- Provide overall leadership to the North Carolina 4-H Youth and Adult Citizenship and Engagement Program.
- Lead and Manage 4-H Citizenship Programs including:
- Citizenship North Carolina Focus
- NCACC Youth Voice,
- National 4-H Congress,
- National 4-H Conference, and
- National Leadership Conference.
- Lead and Manage 4-H Youth Engagement Programs including NC 4-H Congress.
- Serve as Advisor and Departmental Liaison to:
- North Carolina Volunteer Leaders’ Association
- Collegiate 4-H Club, NCSU
- Lead and Manage 4-H Volunteer Program including:
- 4-H Volunteer Leaders’ Association,
- Volunteer Leaders’ Conference,
- North Carolina 4-H Master Volunteer Achievement in Continuing Education (ACE) program, and
- Youth and Adult Volunteer Awards Program.
Ph.D., Educational Research and Policy Analysis, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
M.Ed., Adult and Community College Education, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
BA, Psychology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
Extension Associate, 4-H & FCS, NCCES, North Carolina State University
Extension 4-H Agent, Chatham County, North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service