Shannon B. McCollum, Ed.D
Find this page at:
Extension Associate, Youth & Adult Leadership and Training Specialist
Areas of Responsibility
4-H Leadership Development
- Provide overall leadership to the 4-H Teen Leadership Development Program
- Provide leadership to the Youth Leadership Program including:
- Teens Reaching Youth through Innovative Teams programs
- NC 4-H Ambassador Program.
- Serve as a member of the program area committees for 4-H.
- Provide leadership for the International Program experience for 4-H’ers, Agents & Volunteers and Partners.
4-H Awards Program
- Provide faculty leadership and direction for the North Carolina 4-H Awards and Incentives Program Team.
- Provide leadership and direction for the following awards programs: Honor Club, Scholarships, Project Record, Portfolios, Group Awards, and Presentations
- Network with NC 4-H Development Fund staff, subject matter specialist and 4-H associate to support funding needs of competitive awards programs in the 4-H system.
4-H Club Program
- Provide leadership to the 4-H Club Program.
- Conduct training on all areas of the 4-H Club program including, organizational design & fiscal accountability.
- Provide leadership for training in the areas of 4-H Awards and Incentives, 4-H Clubs, International 4-H Programs, TRY-IT, Ambassadors and others related to overall job duties.
- Provide leadership for the 4-H Crafts, Photography, and Entomology competitions
- Provide leadership for staffing the 4-H Area in the Educational Building with 4-H volunteers, youth, alumni, and staff.
- Provide leadership to seven (7) educational exhibits representing the NC 4-H program in all 5 extension districts, one overall 4-H exhibit and one camping exhibit.
- Provide leadership for the 4-H HayBale decorating contest.
Program Team Duties
- Serve as Departmental Liaison to the NC 4-H Honor Club and North Carolina 4-H Program Assistants & Technicians Association.
- Member of the Health Rocks! Team
- 4-H advisor to the 4-H Juntos Club Program
- Ed.D in Agricultural and Extension Education, North Carolina State University, August 2014
- Dissertation Topic: Youth Life Skill Development for 21st Century Workforce Preparedness
- MS in Agricultural and Extension Education, North Carolina State University May, 1999
- BS, Child Development and Family Relations, Concentrations in Special Education and Clothing and Textiles, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, 1990