North Carolina 4-H Camps & Centers
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Review the 2021 Summer Camp COVID-19 Testing Memo and
All North Carolina 4-H Camps are open to the public. Youth do NOT have to be a member of a 4-H Club to attend. Check out our three centers at:
Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H Center www.bjpenn4h.org
The Eastern 4-H Center www.eastern4hcenter.org
Millstone 4-H Camp www.millstone4hcamp.com
For more than 80 years, North Carolina 4-H camping has taught youth life skills through centers located from the mountains to the sand hills to the coast. Each year, more than 4,000 campers from across the state participate in 4-H camping programs at North Carolina’s 4-H educational centers. Thousands more participate in conferences, school enrichment programs, special events, and workshops.
Both residential and day 4-H camping programs have a rich history of providing educational programming to thousands of youth annually through hands-on, experiential learning. Through participation in the 4-H camping program youth:
- Understand that learning can be fun.
- Improve communication skills.
- Acknowledge their abilities and limitations and develop skills and options for growth.
- Learn about various sciences and develop scientific skills.
- Gain an understanding and appreciation of different cultures and the value of diversity in a global society.
- Learn about the natural environment and improve stewardship skills.
- Improve their physical skills and fitness.
- Learn a process for solving problems and working cooperatively in groups.
- Learn skills to set goals and make decisions individually.
- Learn to identify and manage resources.
- Experience a variety of life-long recreational activities.
- Learn and practice ethical behavior.
- Explore spiritual values.
While our 4-H camps and conference centers are each uniquely different based on their geographic location, each camp and conference center offers most of the same activities and resources, including:
All North Carolina 4-H Camps are managed and operated under North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service through the College of Agriculture & Life Sciences (CALS) at North Carolina State University, one of two land-grant universities in the state. The North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service partners with communities to deliver education and technology that enrich the lives, land, and economy of North Carolinians. Each Center is managed by a full-time Center Director and supported by Program Directors, Facility Maintenance Supervisors, Food Service Supervisors, and seasonal team members dedicated to providing safe and exceptional facilities, programs and services for the citizens of North Carolina.
North Carolina 4-H Camp Resources:
- What Should I Bring to Camp?
- Information for Parents
- NC 4-H Overnight Camper Forms
- Camp Forms
- Campers Code of Conduct
- Camp – A World of Good for our Youth
- Forms for Camp Administrative Staffs and Agents