NC 4-H Camps Strategic Plan: 2023-2030
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Mission, Vision and Values
It is our vision to inspire and create productive citizens through lifelong learning opportunities that promote diversity & inclusion for all.
Betsy-Jeff Penn: Our mission is to provide educational experiences that help develop and promote the life skills necessary for youth to become productive members of society. Our programs empower youth to gain interpersonal life skills, ecological knowledge and community awareness through experiential learning while creating a positive environment that promotes leadership, social and emotional growth for all youth.
Eastern 4-H Center: Our mission is to provide year-round training and education that promotes lifelong learning through outdoor educational and recreation programs for all.
Millstone 4-H Camp: Our mission is to empower youth as they gain interpersonal life skills, ecological knowledge and community awareness through experiential learning. The camp promotes leadership, social and emotional growth, as well as creates a positive environment that influences lives.
- Caring: We care for each other and for those we serve.
- Efficiency: We seek ways to maximize efficiency and minimize waste.
- Inclusiveness: We are inclusive and accepting of everyone.
- Integrity: We seek to do the right thing.
- Respect: We respect each other and everyone else.
- Stewardship: We are good stewards of all of our resources.
- Capacity: To increase capacity in enrollment, facilities, programs, people, and services.
- Evaluation: To utilize a consistent evaluation tool to measure our outcomes.
- Fiscal Responsibility: To maintain and manage our fiscal resources responsibly.
- Programming: To develop and facilitate diverse programmatic offerings.
- Safety: To enforce and prioritize safety in operation and programming.
- Staffing: To attract, develop, and retain top quality staff.
- Sustainability: To operate in a sustainable way by focusing on people, planet, and proceeds.
Four Pillars Built On 7 Goals
- People: We believe that our people are our greatest asset. Therefore, our top priority and focus will be the people on our team and the people we serve. We exist to serve others.
- Properties: As state-owned and operated facilities, the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of our facilities is critical for the next seven years and beyond. Maintaining, repairing, and renovating an aging infrastructure will be key to our long- term success.
- Programming: With summer camp as our core mission, combined with year-round programs serving school groups and user groups, programming is the way in which we fulfill our mission and deliver our services to the youth and citizens of North Carolina and beyond.
- Prosperity: As auxiliary units, our 4-H camps and centers must be able to generate appropriate revenue in order to be fiscally sustainable. This includes a combination of internal funding through receipts based fees and external funding through donations, gifts, grants, and sponsorships.