Presentation Guidelines: Artistic Arrangement
- To teach youth how to properly arrange horticultural crops or wild plants with live or dried material.
- To teach youth to recognize the value an arrangement plays in a decoration scheme.
- To afford youth the opportunity to learn a skill that could yield future income opportunities.
- 9-10 – 4-H’er must be 9 years old prior to January 1 of the current year and not have reached their eleventh burthday before January 1 of the current year.
- 11-13 – 4-H’er must be eleven years old prior to January 1 of the current year and not have reached their fourteenth birthday before January 1 of the current year.
- 14-18 – 4-H’er must be fourteen years of age prior to January 1 of the current year, and not have reached their nineteenth birthday before January 1 of the current year.
- Making a table arrangement
- Using fruits and vegetables in an arrangement
- The keys to making attractive arrangements
- Videos from Agricultural Communications Library.
- NC 4-H and Youth Horticulture page.
- To compete in the national contest at NJHA, a demonstration must be given as opposed to an illustrated talk. The individual must be 15 by December 31st of the year of participation. A 4-H member may receive sponsorship awards to no more than two NJHA conventions in his/her 4-H career. Note: Terrarium construction and disk garden presentations may only be given in the Horticultural Production program.
- Please see this website for more information. Also, be sure to check the NJHA Demonstration Contest for specifics.
- See NC 4-H Presentation Regulations.
- NC 4-H Presentation Scoresheet 9-13 (.pdf)
- NC 4-H Presentation Scoresheet 14-18 (.pdf)
- Use flowers and other horticultural crops in arrangements, corsages and plaques. Materials used may be live or dried. Weeds and native materials may be used.
- Artificial plants, flowers and silks are not allowed.
- District Winners: $50.00 scholarship to NC 4-H Congress for each division winner.
- State Winners: $25.00 award for 9-10, 11-13.
- $150.00 toward trip to NJHA Convention for 14-19 year olds
Donor: PI Alpha XI, Box 7609, N. C. State University, Raleigh, NC 27695-7609
Elizabeth A Driscoll