2020 4-H Showcase of Talent Information is outlined on the pdf document below
- Open up the google drive linked above – Agents will need their unity id to gain access to download.
- Save each presentation score sheet to your google drive
- PDF Copies of Presentation Score Sheets
Sample Presentations in the Presentation Update PowerPoint linked above.
2020 District Activity Day
District Activity Day 4-H Presentation Competition will be held all online. The rules and regulations for the presentation are the same as in previous years.
For 2020, 4-H’ers must submit a video following specific guidelines. Those guidelines are listed in the document linked below:
Check with your county regarding your county registration deadlines. The deadline to register on the state level is June 15 however county registration deadlines are different.
DAD State Registration deadline is June 15
Judging Dates are listed below. These are only for the PIC, Judges and State Staff.
- June 22 – NE
- June 23 – SC
- June 24 – SE
- June 25 – NC
- June 26 – W
Note: 4-H Entertains and Outdoor Cookery will be held at a later date.
2020 State 4-H Presentation Finals
State 4-H Presentation Finals competition will be held online. Judging will be held the week of July 28th. All entries must be submitted by the county 4-H program by July 20th, 2020. Please see the document 2020 4-H Presentation Competition linked under the DAD heading for specifics.
Entry Deadline – July 20th, 2020
Judging: Week of July 28th, 2020
For regulations and scoresheets:
- General 4-H Presentation Score Sheet
- 4-H Public Speaking Presentation Score Sheet
- NC 4-H Horse Public Speaking Scoresheet
- NC 4-H Horse Program Presentation Scoresheet
- Beef Char-Grill Presentation Score Sheet
- Chicken BBQ Presentation Score Sheet click on the link for the different scoresheets from this page: Skills, Sensory, & Presentation
- Egg Cookery Score Sheet
- Pork Cookery Presentation Score Sheet
- Turkey BBQ Presentation Score Sheet click on the link for the different scoresheets from this page: Cookery, Sensory, & Presentation
- Cloverbud Presentation Comment Sheet
- Cecil & Leonard 4-H Talent Showcase Feedback Form
Presentation categories by Curriculum Area.
Presentation categories are listed under one of the following headings:
Communication & Expressive Arts
- New – 2020 4-H Showcase of Talent
- NC 4-H Talent Showcase
- Communications & Expressive Arts
- Public Speaking
- Cecil & Leonard Fact Sheet and Transcripts – no longer a category as of 2017
Consumerism & Family Science
- Family & Consumer Science
- Agricultural Safety and Health
- Beef Char-Grill
- Chicken Char-Grill. (Changes for 2020 Competition: 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (1.5-2.0 lbs))
- Dairy Foods
- Egg Cookery
- Fruit & Vegetable Use
- Foods & Nutrition
- Health and Fitness
- Peanut Foods
- Pork Cookery
- Turkey Char-Grill – (Changes for 2020 Competition: 2 patties each 1/4 lb precook weight, using 85-90% lean ground turkey (75% by weight must be ground turkey))
Plants & Animals
- Vet. Science – Falls under Science & Technology now
- Agriculture Science (formerly Crop Production)
- Horse Public Speaking
- Horse Team
- Horticultural Production/Marketing
- Livestock and Dairy Production
- Poultry Production and/or Preparation
- Small and Companion Animals
Science & Technology
Please email N.C. 4-H Associate Shannon McCollum with questions or comments about this page.