Presentation Guidelines: Communications & Expressive Arts
Find this page at:
- To provide an opportunity to develop skills in organizing, planning, and delivering a 4-H presentation.
- To provide a forum for youth to share information related to communications and expressive arts.
- To encourage youth to study and investigate the varied aspects of communications and expressive arts.
Individuals or teams may compete.
- 8-10 – 4-H’er must be 8 years old on January 1 of the current year and not have reached their eleventh birthday before January 1 of the current year.
- 11-13 – 4-H’er must be eleven years old prior to January 1 of the current year and not have reached their fourteenth birthday before January 1 of the current year.
- 14-18 – 4-H’er must be fourteen years of age prior to January 1 of the current year, and not have reached their nineteenth birthday before January 1 of the current year.
- Presentations in Public Speaking and Photography & Video Production should be given in those categories only.
- 4-H Entertains is the activity that is performance-oriented.
- This is a presentation category, not a performance opportunity. A participant may incorporate a short performance during the presentation to demonstrate or illustrate a point; however, it will not be acceptable for a participant to give a performance of a form of communication or art without a verbal presentation relative to the chosen focus. Props, posters, models, etc. are permissible as with any presentation. Judging will be conducted against items included on the standard presentation judging form.
- See NC 4-H Presentation Regulations.
- Creative Writing
- Language (such as signing)
- District Winners: Certificates for each division winner
- State Winner: $50 award for each division winner