Presentation Guidelines: Heritage Crafts and Woodworking
- To develop leadership abilities and build character.
- To build self-confidence and poise by developing:
- skills necessary to organize and plan a presentation using a particular technique.
- ability to demonstrate a heritage craft skill and /or present information about heritage crafts and woodworking techniques.
- ability to present heritage craft and woodworking information in an effective way to various audiences or groups, and
- knowledge of and skill in the use of decision-making processes.
Individuals may compete.
- 9-10 : 4-H’er must be 9 years old prior to January 1 of the current year and not have reached their eleventh birthday before January 1 of the current year.
- 11-13 : 4-H’er must be eleven years old prior to January 1 of the current year and not have reached their fourteenth birthday before January 1 of the current year.
- 14-18 : 4-H’er must be fourteen years of age prior to January 1 of the current year, and not have reached their nineteenth birthday before January 1 of the current year.
Mitzi Downing, Extension Assistant Professor & Specialist
Department of 4-H Youth Development and Family & Consumer Sciences
Campus Box 7606
NC State University
Last updated January 11, 2015