Turkey Barbecue Presentation Score Sheet
Find this page at:
Contestants will be judged on the following (poor, fair, good, excellent):
- Degree of Doneness*
- Outer part of breast filet (undercooked; done; overcooked)
- Center (undercooked; done; overcooked)
- Color (too light; moderate; too dark)
- Burnt (severe; moderate; none)
- Skin torn (severe; moderate; none)
- Chewiness (tough; chewy; tender)
- Rubbery (much; moderate; none)
- Juiciness (dry; moist; wet)
- Taste of meat (poor; moderate; good)
- Sauce (weak; moderate; too strong)
- Flavor (weak; moderate; too strong)
- Strong; moderate; weak
- Equipment and Utensils
- Appearance and Cleanliness
- Of person (Initially)
- Equipment (Initially)
- In operation
- Starting Fire
- Was method of lighting safe?
- Was person skilled in lighting fire?
- Controlling Fire
- Was charcoal added at proper time?
- Skilled in controlling fire
- Fire too hot; too cool; ok
- Did excessive heat require control measures?
- Was there excessive smoke or fire?
- Preparing Meat for Cooking
- Practiced food safety
- Were marinating practices proper and sanitary?
- Skill in Barbecuing
- Was meat turned often enough to prevent burning?
- Was person skilled in turning meat?
- Was person skilled in spreading sauce?
- Was cooking completed in prescribed time?
*Judge will circle appropriate statement