Exciting 4-H Opportunity – Host Japanese Delegates in 2021!
Find this article at:
The 2021NC 4-H Inbound Exchange this coming summer is set to take place July 24–August 18, 2021! The information below highlights some of the programs, but more information can be found here: 2021 NC 4-H International Exchange Programs
- The Inbound program will look a bit different for 2021: we will be hosting 10 delegates from Japan with 1 chaperone. Our regular capacity is 12 delegates and 2 chaperones here in North Carolina.
- The States’ 4-H program and the Japanese programs have decided they will not be sending delegates younger than 13; however, they have allowed an age difference of 4 years for host siblings (with proper discussion with host families taking place before placement).
- There will be COVID-19 Health Guidelines outlined with host families and Japanese delegates ahead of the exchange.
- Pickup and dropoff points may be different than usual but will be outlined in Host Family Orientations.
- Requirements for testing and vaccination encouragement will also be covered in Host Family Orientations.
- Host Family Requirements: complete application, meet local 4-H agent/staff, register in 4-H Online (if not already), pass background checks, pass in-home visit (virtual), attend Host Family and Host Sibling Orientations, and maintain communication with state coordinator and chaperone.
There have already been inquiries throughout the state about hosting this summer, so we know there is some interest in this program. However, there is still a chance that the program may be suspended due to changing conditions throughout each country.
Links of Interest for Inbound 2021: