NC 4-H Honor Club
4-H Honor Club Conference 2020
Event Dates: June 6th, 2020, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Virtual Conference due to COVID-19
Conference Registration Information coming soon!
Fall 2019 Heartline
September 2017 Heartline
April 2017 Heartline.
January 2017 Heartline.
What is the NC 4-H Honor Club?
The North Carolina 4-H Honor Club was organized in 1931 by Mr. L.R. Harrill as a way to develop a statewide 4-H service organization. Today, the NC 4-H Honor Club has almost 3000 members from across the state and nation.
Why be a part of Honor Club?
Being a North Carolina 4-H Honor Club member is more than just an honor. It is the chance to give back to the 4-H program a small part of the knowledge and skills that the 4-H program helped to develop. Honor Club is looking for members who want to have this chance to contribute to the club’s motto – Service.
What do I get for being a member of Honor Club?
Members who have paid their dues and are in good standing have to right to attend the NC 4-H Honor Club Annual Conference, and other meetings throughout the year. Members also receive a copy of Heartline, the Honor Club newsletter, twice a year. New inductees will receive a certificate and the right to wear Honor Club insginia such as nametags, ribbons, and pins.
How do I join the NC 4-H Honor Club?
Membership in the North Carolina 4-H Honor Club is bestowed upon those 4-H’ers who have exhibited outstanding 4-H citizenship and leadership throughout their 4-H career. An Honor Club member continues to provide leadership and service to the total 4-H program throughout life.
- You must have completed three or more years of 4-H club work and shall be at least 16 years of age and not more than 20 years of age on January 1 of the year of application.
- The total number of applicants inducted into the NC 4-H Honor Club shall be limited to .5% of the current enrollment of North Carolina 4-H members.
- New inductees will be expected to pay life-time dues the year that they are inducted. Some county 4-H programs pay their member’s dues.
What the NC 4-H Honor Club Sponsors
The NC 4-H Honor Club sponsors or coordinates several event / awards each year. Some of the projects that Honor Club helps to sponsor are:
- Partnering for the Future (Awards Program Support Project)
- State Volunteer Leader Hall of Achievement Recognition
- District Volunteer Leader Awards
- Local 4-H Club Community Service Awards
- State Officer Elections at NC 4-H Congress
- Candlelighting Ceremony at NC 4-H Congress