El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Introduction to NC 4-H Congress
4-H Congress is an annual educational event sponsored by North Carolina 4-H and planned by the State 4-H Council and Congress Advisory Committee. North Carolina 4-H’ers ages 13-18 are invited to participate in this annual event.
The Goals of N.C. 4-H Congress are:
- To perpetuate the reputation of 4-H as a major state-wide educational program.
- To improve delegates’ knowledge of current issues through educational experiences such as speakers, discussion groups, workshops, etc.
- To provide an opportunity to develop and exercise leadership skills through serving on committees and participating in specific programs.
- To allow delegates to participate in the democratic process through campaigning for and electing state 4-H officers.
- To provide recreational and social experiences for delegates.
- To select winners in presentations and certain activities through state contests.
- To provide recognition for projects, activities, and scholarship winners.
4-H Congress 2023
Workshops will be 45 minutes long, interactive, and engaging, and must accommodate at least 60 people. Feel free to submit multiple sessions for evaluation and consideration by the program committee.
Workshop proposals must be entered online no later than June 1, 2023. Workshops will be accepted on a rolling basis, so get your proposal early! All youth-led workshops must be Youth-Adult Partnerships and have a co-leader who is a screened and trained NC 4-H volunteer.
Registration for NC 4-H Congress 2022 will open on Monday, May 15th. Registration will be through 4-H Online. If you have any questions, please get in touch with your 4-H Agent.
Highlights of 4-H Congress include:
- Four days in Raleigh
- Meeting new friends
- Electing new State 4-H Officers
- Participating in awesome workshops
- Hearing from engaging speakers
- Participating in the Candlelighting Ceremony
- Giving to others through Hands to Service
The Candlelighting Ceremony coordinated by the NC 4-H Honor Club is one of the highlights of the North Carolina 4-H Congress.