North Carolina 4-H Ambassador Program
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
The mission of the North Carolina 4-H Ambassador program is to empower teen 4-H leaders with the knowledge, skills, and aspirations necessary to be effective advocates for NC 4-H Youth Development. We strengthen and expand upon 4-H Ambassadors’ current leadership abilities so that they may serve as positive role models for younger youth; build meaningful partnerships with other teens, adult volunteers, and 4-H professionals; and promote the 4-H mission in North Carolina.
Our vision is that every North Carolina teen 4-H member will have the personal initiative, program resources, and leadership opportunities to be a positive role model and a vocal advocate for the 4-H program in our state.
Basic Premises of the NC 4-H Ambassador Program
- Encourages personal development and service to NC 4-H for teen 4-H members.
- Is based upon an individual teen’s performance towards established standards.
- Is self-based and self-paced
- Documents the teen’s accomplishments through a Personal Leadership Portfolio developed by the Ambassador based upon defined criteria.
NC 4-H Ambassador Program Guidelines
- To apply to become an NC 4-H Ambassador, a member must be at least 13 years old and have been a 4-H member for 2 years, both as of January 1.
- Ambassador registrations and portfolio submissions must be approved by the county 4-H professional prior to submission to the State Ambassador Program Coordinator.
- Personal LeadershipPortfolios compiled by the Ambassador candidate document individual achievements and must follow specified statewide guidelines.
- A 4-H member can achieve only one Ambassador level per portfolio submission. You must complete and have verified one level before advancing to the next.
- It is recommended that a 4-H member take no longer than 2 calendar years to complete a single Ambassador level. Requirements for each level must include only those activities and courses completed after January 1 of the year the member entered that level.
- Portfolios may be submitted for verification twice yearly. The next submission deadline will be June 15, 2021.
- Ambassador Leadership Team members, including a trained county 4-H professional, an adult volunteer, and/or current Ambassador will review Portfolios, verify requirements, and award levels of achievement.
- All Ambassadors successfully completing any Ambassador level(s) will be recognized at the NC 4-H Congress each year.
Online Training Opportunities
Questions about Ambassadors? Contact April Dillon, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Office: 704-482-4365 or Cell: 828-766-0699